7 Ways To A Healthier Heart
Heart Disease is the leading cause of death among men and women in the U.S. Over 600,000 peoplee die of heart disease each year. That means 1 in 4 people are afflicted by the disease. Here are 7 ways to beat those statistics and promote heart health:
1. Live Smoke-Free: If you smoke, now is a great time to quit!
2. Monitor Your Blood Pressure: Numbers should be below 120/80 mm Hg.
3. Maintain a Healthy Weight: Target a total body mass index (BMI) of less than 25.
4. Watch Your Cholesterol: Strive for a total cholesterol of less than 200 mg/dL
5. Control Your Blood Sugar: Aim for a fasting glucose blood level of less than 100 mg/dL
6. Get Active: Light activity of 150 minutes per week
7. Eat a Heart-Healthy Diet: Make vegetables, fruits, whole grains and fish mealtime staples. Limit sodium, saturated fat and added sugars.
*This is just should be used as informative suggestions. A doctor always knows best.